Deepavali festival is right here. This is time to prepare new, fresh and delicious sweet dishes. I am going to prepare some three – four dishes which I am going to share with you. This dish is one of them. Whenever I think of preparing sweet dishes, I always think of health and budget as well. All ingredients are normally available in everybody’s kitchen. Recently, I tried this dish, I prepared a small quantity and believe me it came out very tasty and delicious. It will take little bit more time than other dishes. If you try this once, you will love do it again and again. Let’s see the preparation of Wheat flour buffi.
- Wheat flour – 1 Cup
- Ghee/Clarified butter – 2 Cups
- Sugar – 3 Cups
- Milk – 4 Cups
- Dry fruits (crushed) – 1 Cup ( Almond and cashew nuts)
You can easily remember the measurements. As you observe, it is in the order 1-2-3-4.
- Take a wide bottomed frying pan. Pour cleaned and sieved wheat flour, ghee, sugar and milk to the frying pan. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly so that there should not be any lumps.
- Mean while, grease a stainless steel plate or tray with a drop of ghee and keep it aside.
- Place the frying pan on medium heat and start stirring the mixture continuously. The mixture will start thickening after 10 minutes. Keep on stirring, leaving now and then. Continuous stirring protects the dish from burning.
- Keep on stirring until the mixture gets thickened like dough and starts leaving ghee from the mixture. The whole mixture will stick to the spoon while stirring. This is the indication that the burfi is almost ready.
- Add crushed dry fruits and further stir it for another 4-5 minutes. Take it out from heat and pour it on greased plate. Using dry fruits is optional, if you don’t want to add dry fruits, you can prepare burfi without dry fruits as well.
- Apply ghee on back portion of a spoon and spread the mixture all over the plate with the help of greased spoon.
- Leave it to cool down for an hour and then cut it into pieces. You can give shape to the burfi as you wish.
- Tasty and delicious wheat burfi is ready to serve it to your guests.
- Isn’t it amazing!
- Enjoy festival.