Here comes yet another healthy dish. This recipe is very simple, tasty and healthy as well. I learnt from my mom, I modified it and made it easy for beginners. It consumes very less time, you can prepare it instantly without any preparation, hardly it may take 10 minutes. The only preparation is chopping the vegetable. Cabbage is called “Yell Kosu” in Kannada (Karnataka, India) and Kosambari is purely a Kannada word used for traditional Salad where oil seasoning is used, whereas I am using olive oil. This dish can be served as side dish for lunch, dinner or else you can carry it in lunch box. By having it in meals you feel that your stomach is full but not heavy. You can serve this dish with roti, chapati, rice or any other type of rice, it tastes awesome with any type of main course. Cabbage comprises of many healthy nutrients, it is packed with many vitamins, minerals and other nutritions which are proved to be beneficial in keeping good health. It is very low in calories, fibre rich and modified leafy vegetable which I use in my daily diet. Another important thing to be taken care of is picking up good cabbage for salad. It should have more layers and should be little bit light in weight. Let’s see how to prepare healthy and tasty Cabbage Kosambari.
- Cabbage – 1 Small piece
- Coriander Leaf – 1 small bowl (chopped)
- Green chillies – 2 (Optional)
- Lemon – 1/2
- Salt – 1/2 Tea spoon
- Black pepper – 8 in number
- Sugar – one pinch
- Fresh coconut (grated) – 1 small bowl
- Olive oil – 1/4 tea spoon
- Wash and clean the cabbage. Chop it nicely like noodles and pour it to a wide bottomed serving bowl.
- Crush black pepper coarsely and sprinkle all over the chopped cabbage. Freshly crushed pepper enhance the taste and flavour of the dish, it will be better if you use fresh one.
- Finely chop green chillies and sprinkle all over the salad.
- Sprinkle salt and sugar over it.
- Chop fresh coconut around one cup and sprinkle it all over the salad.
- Wash and clean coriander leaves, chop them finely and spread it all over the salad.
- Squeeze lemon all over the salad.
- Spray olive oil over it and slightly toss the salad and serve it.
- Tasty and healthy cabbage kosambari (cabbage salad) is ready to serve.
- Isn’t it amazing!
- Enjoy cooking.