I am bringing you one more sweet dish for this year’s festive season. This is a very easy recipe to prepare which is sugarfree, fatfree and healthy as well. This dish is loaded with cashew nuts, almonds, pistachio, walnuts, raisins, dried figs (anjeer) and seedless dates. This dish is very nutritious and tasty as well. Preparing this dish is a good option to prepare and consume against all other traditional Diwali sweets which are loaded mostly with ghee, sugar and deep fried. People with sweet tooth can enjoy this tasty and healthy dry fruits burfi. You can share this burfi with friends, family and guests, they will love it. You can gift this tasty burfi to your friends as Diwali gift, just pack it in a box and tie some nice lace or ribbon, your simple yet beautiful and tasty gift is ready to be presented. As I said, this recipe is very simple and consumes very less time. Try this easy dry fruits burfi at home once and enjoy this Diwali to the fullest. Let’s see the preparation of dry fruits burfi.
- Anjeer/Dried Figs – 100 grams
- Khajoor/Dates – 100 grams
- Badam/Almonds – 25 grams
- Kaju/Cashew nuts – 25 grams
- Akharot/Walnuts – 25 grams
- Pistachio/Pista – 25 grams
- Kismiss/Raisins – 25 grams
- Pumpkin seeds – 25 grams
- Khuskus/Poppy seeds – 1 Table spoon
- Ghee/Clarified butter – 1/4 Tea spoon (To grease the tray)
- Take a bowl, pour 1 glass of hot water in it. Soak seedless dates and anjeer in it for 10 minutes.
- Drain water from bowl and grind soaked seedless dates and anjeer together adding a very little quantity of water (say..1 table spoon). Grind it coarsely. Take it out and keep it in a bowl.
- Crush almonds, cashewnuts, walnuts and pista. Keep them in a bowl. Add raisins and poppy seeds to it and toss them.
- Grease a try or plate with ghee/clarified butter and keep it aside.
- Place a non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Lower the flame once pan is hot. Pour dates-anjeer paste to it. Cook it on low heat for 5 minutes or until the moisture of the paste evaporates completely and become a thick paste, stir it continuously until it is done, remove pan from heat. Add mixture of crushed dry fruits (except pumpkin seeds) to it and mix it well.
- Pour the mixed stuff to greased try, spread it all over the plate with the help of a spoon. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds all over evenly and pat it uniformly.
- Uniform patting helps in shaping the burfi. Cut it into small pieces with the help of a greased knife. You can grease the knife with a drop of ghee, by doing this you can cut burfies smoothly. Store them in a clean and dry box.
- Healthy, tasty and nutritious Dry Fruits Burfi is ready to eat and serve. Isn’t it easy!
- Enjoy cooking.