This is a sweet dish recipe made from milk and dry fruits. This is an Indian dessert which is very delicious and healthy. I am using cashew nuts and almonds, which are rich in energy and are very nutritious. Milk is an excellent source of dietary calcium. It is easy to prepare and takes very less time. Let’s see how to prepare this delicious and healthy Kaju Badam Kheer.
- Milk – 1 Liter
- Cashew nuts – 25 grams (around 10 – 12 pieces)
- Almonds – 25 Grams
- Sugar – 50 Grams ( 1/2 cup) – quantity can be changed according to your taste
- saffron – 6-8 Strands (Threads)
- Cardomom Powder – 1 Tea spoon ( around 6 cardomom)
- Wheat Flour – 2 Table spoon
- Fresh cream – 2 Table spoon
- Chironji nuts – 1 Table spoon (around 10 grams)
- Crushed nuts – 2 table spoon (almond and cashew nuts)
- Soak cashew nuts and almonds in 1/2 cup of warm water for 15 minutes. Pour the soaked nuts along with warm water in a mixer jar and grind it to smooth paste.Take out paste to a bowl, close with the lid and keep it aside. Here,I am not peeling off the skin of almonds. Almond skin has got plenty of nutritional values and is very beneficial to heart and it gives brownish colour to the dish.
- Take a table spoon of warm milk in a bowl and soak saffron strands in it and keep it aside.
- Pour milk in a heavy bottomed vessel and place it on medium flame. After it starts boiling, add fresh cream and grounded paste to it. Allow it to boil for 10 minutes, stir it once in a while so that milk should not stick to the bottom and burn.
- Roast wheat flour on low flame until it starts leaving an aroma. Roasting wheat flour helps in removing rawness of the flour and gives a pleasant flavour and thick texture to the dish. Add roasted flour to boiling milk and stir it.
- Add soaked saffron strands, crushed nuts, chironji, cardomom powder and sugar to the boiling milk and stir it. Boil it for another 5 minutes.
- Delicious and healthy kaju badam kheer is ready to serve. It can be served hot or chilled.