This is a South Indian dish. It is made from raagi flour. You can make it spicy or plane. According to your taste and health, you can prepare this dish. This is very healthy and nutritious. Raagi is rich in calcium and iron. It is also rich in carbohydrates and low in fat. Raagi is a boon for people suffering from diabetes. Parents with young kids will be happy to know that raagi is a very good substitute for milk. We can prepare so many dishes from raagi. Now we will prepare one of them, that is raagi dosa. This is an instant dish and no prior preparation is required. You will be happy to know that it is very easy to prepare and takes very less time. You can have it for breakfast and also for lunch. Let’s see the preparation of this dish.
- Raagi flour – 1 cup (200 gms)
- Rice flour – 1 Table spoon
- Semolina (Bombay Rawa) – 1 Tea spoon
- Salt – 1 Tea spoon
- Cumin seeds/Jeera – 1 Tea spoon
- Cooking oil – 1 Table spoon
- If you want to make it spicy, you can add Chopped onions, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Quantity should be altogether 1 cup.
- Take a bowl. Pour raagi flour, rice flour, semolina, jeera and salt into the bowl. Mix them well. Add chopped onions, green chillies and coriander leaves. Mix all the contents well. Add a glass of water (around 1 cup) to it slowly. While adding the water, you have to stir it slowly and continuously so that the batter will be prepared without lumps. The batter should be of dosa consistency. You can add or reduce the quantity of water accordingly. Close the bowl with a lid. Allow it to set for 10 minutes so that rawa will be soaked well. We are using rawa (or semolina) to bring crispness to dosas.
- Heat a dasa pan or tawa (flat pan) on medium flame. Pour one spoon of batter on heated pan. Spread the batter evenly by moving the ladle in a circular manner. Close the tawa with lid.
- Open the lid after 1 minute. Sprinkle 2-3 drops of oil over it. Allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn the dosa upside down with the help of a ladle. Sprinkle 2-3 drops oil over another side of dosa. Allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining batter. Now your tasty and healthy raagi dosa is ready to serve. You can serve it with any type of chutney.