This dish is made from alasande kalu (black eyed beans) and other natural spices. This looks like dosa. Its aroma and taste is mouthwatering. We can have this for breakfast. It is healthy and easy to digest. This food is very low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. It is also a good
source of protein and dietary fiber. This dish is spicy and tasty. You will be happy to know that you can prepare these pancakes for all family members within 30 minutes and it can be prepared instantly. Let’s see how to prepare this tasty pancake.
- Alasande Kalu – 200 gms (approx 1 cup)
- Onions – 2
- Garlic – 6-8 flakes
- Green chillies – 4 -6
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 small cup
- Cumin seeds – 2 Tea spoon
- Salt -2 Tea spoon
- Cooking soda – one pinch
- Cooking oil – 2 Table spoon
- Wash the alasande kalu (black eyed beans) with plane water and soak it in ½ litre luke warm water for 4 hours. Meanwhile you can make ready the other ingredients.
- Chop the onions into medium sized cubes. Remove the stem of green chillies and cut it into small pieces. Remove the skin of the garlic flakes. Chop the coriander leaves. Put all these ingredients in a bowl and keep it aside.
- After 4 hours, you can check whether alasande are fully soaked or not. Take an alasande in hand and press it by two fingers. If it is fully soaked, it will break into small pieces, otherwise it will be hard to break. After you confirm that they are fully ready, you can start the next process.
- Take a mixer jar (big one). Pour soaked alasande in it. Add all the other chopped spices, cumin seeds and salt to it. Add ½ cup (100 ml) water to it. Grind it to a fine paste. While grinding, if required, you can add some more water to it. consistency of the batter should be thicker than that of dosa batter. Now, add a pinch of soda to the batter and mix it well.
- Heat a pan (tawa), pour one big spoon of batter over pan and spread it uniformly by moving the hand in circular motion. Close the pan with lid for 1 minute. Open the lid, pour 2 to 3 drops of oil over it and allow it to cook for 2 minutes. Turn the pancake upside down with the help of a ladle (long handled plane spoon). Pour 2 to 3 drops of oil on the other side of the pancake, allow it to cook for 2 minutes. Now hot and tasty pancake is ready to serve.
- You have to repeat the process for the remaining batter to make more pancakes.