This dish is made up of bread and potato, which are very much kids’ favourite. We are using natural spices, which are good for health. We can have this for breakfast and also we can serve it as snacks. Potatoes are good source of iron, copper and potassium. There is a misconception about potatoes that they are high in fat and cholesterol, on the contrary they are fat free. They help to control blood sugar level and keep a check on blood pressure. So elders can also taste this dish very well.
This dish appears like a cutlet and it consumes very less oil. This is a very tasty dish. You will have to spend 30 minutes, so that all family members can enjoy this breakfast. Let’s see how to prepare this dish.
- Bread Slices – 10
- Potatoes – 250 grams
- Onion – 2
- Garlic – 4 flakes
- Pudina (Mint leaves) – 1 small cup (chopped)
- Lemon juice – 2 Tea spoon
- Salt – 1 Tea spoon (use the salt according to the taste)
- Cooking oil – 1 Table spoon
- Take a pressure cooker, pour ½ litre water and potatoes into it. Place pressure cooker on heat and cook it for 10 minutes on medium flame. Cooking on medium flame or slow flame helps the food cook properly and perfectly. Allow it to cool. In the meantime, you can prepare the remaining stuff.
- Chop the onions into very small pieces and keep it in a bowl.
- Crush the garlic flakes and add it to onion bowl.
- Add chopped pudina leaves (mint), lemon juice and salt to the chopped onion. Keep it aside.
- Open the pressure cooker lid, remove hot water and add cold water to it, it helps in removing skin of potatoes. Remove skin of boiled potatoes. Crush them by hand and put them in a big bowl.
- Add the mixture of all spices to crushed potatoes and mix them well so that taste and flavour should spread uniformly.
- Cut the edges of all bread slices and place them in a plate.
- Take a glass of plane water (around 200 ml) in a wide bottomed bowl.
- Dip a bread slice in water, takeout immediately and squeeze it by both the hands. Keep the bread slice on one palm and press it by another palm, so that all water in bread should be drained. Spread the mixture of potato and spices on half of soaked bread, so that you can close the spread by remaining half portion of bread. Close the bread by pressing border of the bread by fingers, it will be closed very easily, when bread is wet, it will stick very easily. Now cutlet is almost ready.
- Do the same process for all bread slices. Now the final step for this delicious dish.
- Heat a flat pan ( Tawa) and put the cutlet on heated pan. Cook it for 2 minutes and pour 1 or 2 drops of oil on it. Turn the cutlet upside down with the help of a flat, long handled spoon. Pour 1 or 2 drops of oil on the other side of cutlet also. Cook it for 2 minutes.
- You can cook 5 cutlets at a time. Now hot and tasty bread cutlets are ready to serve.