This is a sweet dish recipe made from palm dates and dry fruits. Burfi is an Indian dish and it refers to the category of sweet dishes that look like small pieces of soft cookies. Dates are very nutritious and are high in dietary fiber. They are also low in fat and cholesterol. They are a good source of potassium, calcium and iron. Groundnuts provide 30 essential nutrients. They are antioxidants and are also naturally free of fats and sodium.
This recipe is very low on fat and cholesterol. It has lots of nuts and has the natural sweetness of dates and groundnuts. You may be surprised to know that it takes only around 15 minutes to prepare. It’s very easy to prepare as well. Let’s see how to make this delicious and nutritious sweet dish.
- Dates (seedless) – 250 grams
- Groundnuts – 250 grams
- Jaggery – 50 grams
- Cardamom Powder – 1 Tea spoon
- Dry fruits flakes – 1 cup (almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios)
- Ghee – 2 drops
- Roast the groundnuts to golden brown. Roasting provides natural oil to the dish and natural sweetness to the dish.
- Allow the roasted groundnuts to cool down so that it will be easy to remove skin of groundnuts. Once they cool down, remove the skin of groundnuts by gently rubbing them by hand. Grind them coarsely and keep it aside in a vessel.
- Grind the seedless dates along with jaggery without adding water. Take it out and put it in another large vessel.
- Put all the grinded ingredients in a blender and add cardamom powder. Blend them well and remove the dough in a bowl. Leave it for about 5 minutes. This will help it set in.
- Take a plate and grease it with just two drops of ghee. If you add more ghee, then ghee will come out of the dish and the whole dish will become sticky.
- Put the dough in a plate and pat it uniformly. Uniform patting helps in shaping the burfi. Take dry fruits flakes and spread them evenly on it. Cut it into small pieces with the help of a knife and serve it. It is healthy, tasty and nutritious.